Monday, March 28, 2005

Traffic

Yesterday, I read to the boys about Jesus’ resurrection. I told them a story they had heard before but it seemed to me that something dawned on the 4 year old Alec and his big green eyes got bigger and rounder as he realized that Jesus went through the ‘cross’ for HIM. ‘You mean, Jesus KNOWS ME and wanted to save Me so that I could be in Heaven? With God?’ Now, I’m not sure that I always grasp the brevity of what he realized at a ripe age of four but in that moment. He was in awe and he understood.
Later he told me that he would always love Jesus for what He did. My scales were unbalanced for a second as I thought he just forgot about our earlier convo and moved on to playdough. He was still digesting it and absorbing it and when he brought it up again, I was tipped. I try to make the Holy Trinity real to Alec and Elias (at 2 yrs, I’m a little limited) but at 4, Alec seems to be ready for more. I talk to Alec about following the Holy Spirit with Jesus as his guide, God as his Father and Heaven as his destination.
I pray that he makes good and solid decisions in his life that will lead him closer to Heaven rather than farther. I should expect some sidesteps but I know that God will not let him go. God hasn’t let me go and I think, sometimes, I’ve tried to pry my hand from his loving grip but, as I hold my boys arms or hands when we cross traffic, so God held mine and got me safely across. He may not have bellowed “Quickly, quickly, go, go go, the traffic won’t always wait for us” and then “Look out for that Taxi, that guy (moron)-my thoughts, unexpressed-doesn’t even see you, you’re too little, don’t pry loose, you need me to get you across” Well, maybe My Heavenly Father has said that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home