Sunday, February 20, 2005

Hallelujah, praise the Lord

This day we went to Saweni Beach to see Rye/Opa. (Gerrys’ Dad) We had a nice visit, the boys enjoy the time out there as it really is “the wild green yonder” there. Every kind of tree and plant and flower that you can imagine, God out-imagined you and put it at the Orchid Inn where Rye is heading up a renovation project for a new resort development there. Totally lush and what you would think of as tropical. Our Puppy, Angel is also out there now as we couldn’t handle her special needs! She’s just an obstinate dog and I don’t and won’t have time to train her. EVER. We also left with 3 gold fish from Opas tank. We are presently in the midst of name chosing. Alec insists on Dash for one of them. And the other 2? Slow poke and super slow poke. I suggested Bob and Jack. I dig Bob Marley and I think Jack Fish is just hilarious! Fish Face was ixnayed immediately. I am consoling myself as we speak.
As I type, a man is screaming at the top of his vocal box saying “Hallelujah, Praise the Lord!” I hope he gets happy soon. He sounds so angry and mad. He is screaming into a mic and the sounds are carrying across the valley here like the pony express on high octane and sugar cubes. It doesn’t help that most of what he is saying is in another language. But the whole tone of the meeting going on up there makes me want to avoid it all together! He keeps saying “Marama” which is Fijian for “Woman” so I’m thinking he’s preaching at the women tonight. “Hallelujah, Praise the Lord!” yadda yadda yadda … “Hallelujah, Praise the Lord!” Is he ever going to lighten up? I go to bed with his voice reaching into my subconscience as I finally drift off to sleep. Even his yelling cannot overtake the dogs and roosters outside my house. Good luck buddy, by the way, it really is a good message to drift off to sleep with. Vinaka vakalevu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home