Wednesday, February 02, 2005

what size of shoe does your coffee maker wear?

Here's the deal, I'm so stinking tired of waiting for my 'dial-up' server to give me this page to add my stinking thoughts to that now I've lost all sense of patience. ARGHHHHH

nuf' said, So, like, I've been without a coffee maker for 2 weeks. I've had to go back on the 'instant'. What a rough time of it. It's not nice. Well, I decided to 'brave' Nadi town with all it's smells and noises and pollution and then I had to get out of my car! and tackle all the smells, all the noise, all the pollution AND the pushy rude peeps out there.
I was on a mission, not really optomistic but I thought, if I hit about 4 stores this day I will be doing good in my search for a coffee maker. You don't come to expect much when you live here. I was giving myself a 2 week search to find a coffee maker under 60bucks. Of coarse, I was getting desperate! I mean, have you tasted instant?! So, I enter one shop with thing syou would expect in a small goods store, like blenders, vaccuums and yes, coffee makers. "How Much?"... "For you? fifty bucks." (HMMMMM I think to myself...tempting, yes but still, 50buck for a coffee maker?) I let him down easy with "OK OK, I be back, my car is just there and I'll walk around and give it a think." .... He relies "OK Lady" So, here I am, shocked and bewildered to have found a coffee maker in a store that actually sells them! Why don't I just turn around and shell out the muchachos and get on with life?
Nothing here has EVER been this easy! but I just keep walkin'.
2 shops later I'm looking in a Shoe Store window at some really swank 2nd hand shoes. Right next to them? A Black and Decker coffee maker on sale $39.00. Right next to the swank shoes. I go in, buy the coffee maker AND some curtains. but no swanky shoes. Just goes to show you that you can't judge a book by it's cover. Or a store by it's sign. That has been the most successful shopping bid I've ever had in the 2 years of living here. I could take over West Jet now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home