Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Tagged and on being 'it'

Tagged by Steve
OK OK OK. I’m IT! Leave me alone already! I live in the tropics (think s-l-o-w) and I have 2 active boys and I really don’t know how to read anymore. But here is my most recent list.

How many books do I own?
We have around 50 in our house. Mostly about airplanes. Or war. Or both. Or children. The rest of our books are in storage in Vernon and it’s been too long to remember.

Last book I bought?
Come on! Remember the children factor? It was a magazine, it was 2 months old when I bought it and I bought it because it said something about “Brad and Jen” splitting up!

Last book I read?
The Berenstain Bears’ New Baby.
I read the WHOLE thing last night!

5 Books that meant a lot to me?

1.
What to expect when you’re expecting.
You would think with a third baby on the way I wouldn’t need the refresher course. Provides a lot of consolation for me being away from comforting medical practices.
2. The Passion of Love by E.G. White
given to me by Craig and Vic. Along with the DVD “The Passion of the Christ”
I have only been able to digest a few pages at a time. Still haven’t viewed the movie hoping for some undisturbed time to do both.
3. The God Chasers.
Don’t have the author off the top of my head but that was a good read and I especially like the title. What I think about being and remind my boys that they too can chase after God..
4. Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon.
This is a 3 maybe 4 part endeavor. I say endeavor as each book is over 1000 pages of small fine print. But very cool. Briefly, it’s about summer and winter solstice, Stonehenge, travel through Stonehenge and herbal remedies. Of course ‘love’ hangs around it too. Ahh yes and the Scots, a bit of familial ties perhaps. When I read these books, I was young, gorgeous and single and couldn’t think of anything better than a trip to Stonehenge and a voyage thru it and maybe even falling for the likes of a Scotsman “Red Jamie Fraser”. After 4 months of Marriage, my German husband and I took the trip TO Stonehenge (not through it) and after 6 years of marriage, he gives me those very copies of Diana Gabaldons’ books. Brand spankin’ new too! Could you call that full circle? Not really but I had to mention that in here just the same. My Gerry knows me all too well.
5. Psalm 121. author, not necessarily King David but widely assumed to be his writings as he had written many of the Psalms.
It’s a book, and it’s all meaningful, but particularly this passage in its entirety.
I lift my eyes to the hills – Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
To the end of the passage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home