Monday, September 11, 2006

Hmmm, lets see, where to now?

well, there's Greece, Cayman Islands, several other Carribean islands come to mind as well, Florida, California, stay in Fiji, Oz, Nz, Baja Mexico, Scotland, did I mention Greece? Canada comes in as a last (safe) resort if we decide on none of the above. The thot of moving with 3 little ones is daunting. The thot of starting over again is twice as daunting. I figure whenever we do make the move it will be our 2nd to last one. The last being home again to Canada, BC probably. I know we still have an adventure left in us. Can U imagine anything more insane than moving to Greece? with 3 kids? I think this time, whenever, wherever we go, I will find out a bit more about where I'm going. Took us almost 2 years to get to a comfort level, and another year to mellow in. We are just here for the ride now and I'm getting 'over' Fiji. Sure, like it most days, however, there are days when my brain feels pinched in some sort of a vise-grip and everything is challenging. This may be more of a sign of other things than the 'fiji-factor' coming into play but plenty will tell you, those who've lived here, that the Fiji-factor is indeed a 'thing' So, now we cruise the net, looking for year-round water for Gerrys chosen vocation and hope that the right place will just fall into our laps, kinda like Fiji did. Maybe getting outta here every three years should be reduced to a once a year trip and then the old brain-vise-grip thing won't be such an issue!

must go find coffee....Where would you go if you have the choice?

5 Comments:

At 5:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of the places you have listed there. I will suggest the places not to go (IMO). Florida and California (sorry Mom and Dad) for those two places I will keep my reasons to myslef. In no particular order..... AU, NZ, Scotland, can't narrow it down beyong that. They all have an appeal. NZ seems more "BC" like however. Scotland? Love that idea. Your decision will be easier than you think....I think. ;/

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Kara said...

methinks ye are fond of St.Andrews???(given the link to your name!) I looked up Loch Lomond, which is the likely area for seaplane work and it's on the OTHER side of the country! It might take 2 whole hours to reach your favorite golf coarse! hmmm, although, it would mean us moving from one country where the men wear skirts to another one....perhaps a theme going on? ;) As i mentioned, we are just in the looking stages but year round water is our starting point, and skirts...yeah, men in skirts.

 
At 4:24 AM , Blogger Steve said...

Hey Kara, I'm loving your blog updates and pictures - Christina J. and her kids came through last week and together we missed your family!

How about you move someplace where Pilot boy can fly over to Cowtown and pick us all up once in a while?

Actually anywhere close to India or China would be good since we are hoping to head there in the next couple years to visit!

It's Mareesa's first birthday today - where did that year go? Sydney turns 4 on Tuesday.

I did a wedding yesterday and thought of you guys and your "day" - seems like a long a time ago but also just yesterday! I thought of our "sessions" together and smiled! I can't remember what we talked about but I do remember some of the expressions on Gerry's face!

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger Kara said...

Steve! it is grand to hear from you, I imagine you are very busy with your life, your wife , your kids and your work. we really aren't sure where or when we will leave here but I don't think India or China are on the list. However, nothing is written in stone.

So, your Mareesa is 1 and Sydney will be 4..it's impressive and foreboding how quickly time moves. Our little Elias will be 4 in Nov and Vaughn will be 1 in Oct.

I think Gerry still gets some of those looks on his face when I start yakking! He's still a great man. I can't remember any of our session convos either, I imagine it was different on your side of the desk though!

 
At 4:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi kara:
If you are taking votes, Scotland would be great since son Gary flys for SkyService over there every summer out of Dublin, wx crapy this summer, and Scotland is on our list to visit next summer somay even get to see you guys and one gal.
Now another thought is for gerry to
thin bigger a/c and 4 seasons ie skyservice.
Marg

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home