Monday, August 07, 2006

this week


this weeks sees us with one boy getting a tooth, one boy eager to lose his first, somewhat loose tooth, same said boy riding bike on his own without help, without training wheels and first time ever. TW's were taken off almost a year ago, tires kept going flat and well, life here makes everything challenging...just to get the right inner tube takes more hunting than a wild boar hunt. This week also sees us with a boy healing some more road rash in time to sport a nice black and blue eye.... Diarrhea all around for the wee three and a goodbye bbq party for another pilot leaving our shores. This guy is headed for the Maldives. Found another great place to secure very cheap movies. Just watched 'CARS' and only 1 person got up in the screen and walked past, although there was an announcement for 'so-and-so' to go and get their child from the canteen! This was all in the comfort of our own home. $3 but I had to buy the microwave popcorn...well, I had to order it and then wait a week for it's delivery, buy it and THEN enjoy it.....

Gerry is off work this week. We hope to get some projects finished around the place, cement pads to finish off the driveway, another in the back to make a nice little patio area(did I say we? I meant me...) Gerry is humouring me and taking over this project I have!


now it is time to remove the pizza from the oven. hungry boys and crying bubb.
Jumanji is on TV and we have only had to watch it once before!

3 Comments:

At 4:07 PM , Blogger Erica said...

I wasn't aware of the harsh realities of your existence - no blockbuster? no microwave popcorn? How can you survive???

I loved Cars!

I wanna take a trip on route 66.

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Kara said...

O, now you have me in tears...reminding me of mass availability of ...well....everything! No such thing as blockbuster, only places that sell cinema copies of dvd's. Some actually are quite good quality. Apparently they get recoreded over in Singapore and then shipped to countries like Fiji where we have 'grey areas' of copyright laws.....we did get a 'france' copy of The Incredibles....tres jolie!

 
At 10:06 PM , Blogger Miss McMillan said...

Hey Kara! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I'm in Hong Kong now, trying to find a place to live. I think you are right that things get better the more people you meet. I've sure seen a lot of people, but haven't met too many just yet- but that will come.
And I would LOVE to come to Fiji and share some of your Timmy's!!! Tempting!!!
Harmony

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home