Monday, July 24, 2006

a good boy


Today, I dropped Alec off for his grade 1 classes. Today was the first real day I have seen him just go to class and not feel sad or left out of anything. I now face the days ahead of feeling left out, of his days. He's a brilliant boy and has such a loving heart. So full of agression and so full of tenderness. He's got the greenest eyes and he'll tell you that green eyed people are the smartest ones. The next smart ones have brown eyes 'cause they can remeber things for 10 days only' the dumbest ones are the blue eyed people 'cause they can't remeber a THING!' (i have blue eyes...the rest in my little masculine, testosterone brimming family are green eyed) He has based brilliance on ones memories, or ability to remember. I will remember things to him one day. When he's old enuf to hear, to understand and remember himself. He's a wonderful boy who is learning to become a leader. Last week, he led the prayer in the gym for his entire school. His teacher tells me that he is always leading the prayer in class. When he begins, he does it will all the confindence of a veteran christian with the all telling words of 'Lets's pray' and then he begins. He is learning to do things that make himself proud. In doing this I hope that this kind of pride will urge him to do good and right things, to lead himself to a better place and others will be drawn to him. He is learning that he makes mistakes and that he may not necessarily get rewarded for doing the right things but if/when he does the wrong things, he will lose something. something precious, something that may not come back. (when he's older this will get deeper than just removing his scooter from his ever-loving arms)

He's a good boy. He a great son, I am the lucky one. 3 boys to bring me flowers from my garden, and so far, 2 of them can, and do. When Vaughn is older he will join in the flower demolition with Eli and Ali out my door and I will cherish the trashed roses, bird of paradise, gingers and hanging claws that adorn my fenceline, I will cherish the flowers these beautiful boys bring to me on a daily basis. I will cherish my boys and my life. I will, I do.

3 Comments:

At 5:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kara. Reading your blog this morning brought me to tears. Such beautiful words. Such emotion. I just pray that I will be able to say the same things about Kristian when he grows old enough to start making his own decisions. Just thinking of children praying out loud to God, in public, with confidence, makes my heart melt. And, I will beam with such joy when the time comes for my son to have the courage to do so! Please keep writing often. I enjoy your family's stories very much!
Love from Erin.

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger Kara said...

Hey Erin, that time in his school, when he prayed, was a big moment for me, for him, it was 'old hat' I didnt know he had already been doing this right from the begining of being in this new school. It gives me all the more confidence that I have made the right decision in switching him to this school. Thanks for your comments. It's hard to get the time to gather the thoughts but to scatter them all over the keyboard takes even longer!

 
At 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff Kara - thanks for sharing it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home