Thursday, September 16, 2004

It's weird to realize that palm trees look so normal. I also watched a man walk his 3 'beasts of burden' across the highway and my thoughts were on his 4th missing one, not on the fact that there are huge animals on ropes crossing the busy road. I never knew that marigolds could grow so large, like small trees, and that I'm tempted to use the ash that floats around here on my teeth. ( somewhere along the lines I have heard that some people use ashes to keep their teeth REALLY white.) I will not admit to it either way! I still cannot get lavendar to grow, not in the Great White North and not in the Tropics. Our milk comes in a box on a shelf or in powdered form. Noone repairs fans. They just thow them but there is a little sign outside every third house that states, in scrawling uneven script, "We repare vcrs, vibeo, tV's and modile phones"
Lastly for now, ground beef is so lean that when you fry it up, you need to add fat to it. Guess these tropical cows can't reach the coconuts from under the coconut trees that they graze under. Lots of fat in coconut, that's something else that I didn't know.

Ok, so, we count the days until Craig, Vic, Jaz, Keegan and Mac get here. I can't wait until my babysitters get here! kidding.

With Alec in Kindergarten now we have a much healthier schedule. He goes every morning 8:15-11:15 and everyday, he wants to skip" (definately my kid) but it allows me to do the marketing without having to arm wrestle a 4 yr old and struggle with a 1 year old. As soon as we get around the shops, they turn into little imps and monkies and by the time we leave any place, I need a shower, even though I have enough sweat to make it look like I've just had one! nice.

On that refreshing note.
moce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home