Thursday, August 19, 2004

If this is 'paradise' why am I so bored. Heaven must surely be filled with people to talk to, interesting and fun things to do. Standing in Awe and all that. It might even snow there. All I can tell you is that Fiji is not paradise, nor is it even close to Heaven. There is no one to talk to. the air is heavy, ran out of things to do a year ago, and yes, I can stand in awe of the Lord and thank Him that I have had this life experience but, I'm thinking that I'm now ready to be comfortable. I want to be around my "peeps" and talk with people who know me. I don't have to explain 'Yellowknife' in it's vaguest form and my children would know their cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents. Shoot, might even entertain the thought of adding another consumer to the Walmart line-up.

I know, who would feel sorry for someone living in a place like Fiji? It's not what the brochures look like. That's where all the rich people go. We occasionally make it there if we can standby on a flight and grab a part of the beach. Where we live is full of litter and out right garbage. Smoke and roosters and barking dogs. And, we live in Beverly Hills! too funny.

Well, after all that complaining, we may yet stay here longer as we have no where else to go, Gerry loves his job and if we can make some wise investments, we might actually have a pension thingy. Too soon to tell.

This morning Alec told me "I sure love you Mummy" . What a way to straighten me out. Thanks little fella. Thanks God for my life. As boring as it may be right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home