Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I miss my little house. I miss my shed my truck, my shortcuts and my Doctor. I miss my friends my acquaintances and the Inuit and Native influences there(Yellowknife). I miss Hockey I miss Church I miss Extra Foods and 50th street. I miss Sunday school for Alec and Nursery for Eli. I miss all Alis' little friends and I miss proper sidewalks to stroll on. I miss milk and International Coffee creamers.I miss feta cheese, ricotta cheese and bulk sections of the stores. I miss frozen concentrate juices and a normal sized fridge. I miss driving on the right side of the road, I really miss "road rules" and law enforcement of, said, "road rules". There's puh-lenty to miss, I could go on, I will cerebrally, having said all that....
When you coming. We're in Fiji!!!! get over here! Waters warm, weathers better and you get all the fresh tropical fruit you can eat. White sandy beaches, azure waters, beautiful friendly musical people, and fruit, veggie and fishj markets on the side of the road. There are road rules but mostly they don't apply, I will never be a good driver again! I OWN THE ROAD BABY!! You don't even have to wear underwear, if you're so inclined! (this may be more advantageous for the males reading this, than your female counterparts) You are in for an adventure, of a lifetime. A year goes by so fast, once you let go of your roots, you can drift along quite nicely.('specially when the waters warm)


I'll say that again, you can drift along nicely, once you let go of your roots.
Hmmm.
So much for missing everything, Fiji is great and we like it here, I'll just let go of my roots. (This is a daily endeavor and only applies to some of my roots)
peace-out Homey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home