Thursday, September 15, 2005

Love you Ger.

In this last week I've finally been able to say "I'll have a large double cream and 1 maple dip"
It was just as I remembered.

After a very long-feeling flight with a transfer in Honolulu and not one single person to assist me other than to say "hurry up!" We finally made it thru US Customs, with a complementary pat down of my stomach. The agent didn't even pat down my legs, only the belly. What up wit dat? Anyway, she does this while I'm standing waiting (and being ordered to move, you're in the wrong place, every 2 seconds) while another agent does a chemical analysis on Elias' carry on bag. They found medication (read DRUGS) on the outside and needed to test it. I advised them it was Panadol and they almost went full chaos mode. Apparently Panadol means "crack cocaine" in HNL. Well, when I explained it's like TYLENOL, and 'can I just show you the bottle?' they advised me that was against their protocal and they didn't want to see IN the bag, just wanted to analize what was on the outside. What they didn't know was that for the entire duration of the trip (and the rest of it also) both my boys were very feverish, coughing, feeling like they wanted to vomit and a round-or-2 of diarhrea. SO, here we stand, with no help, some old lady trying to make a wish on my belly, 2 other agents trying to decifer what's ON the babys' bag and another ordering us about to "move here, move there" THey finally finish. We proceed past go (with only 25 minutes 'in jail' a la monopoly) and head up to our gate with 2 minutes to spare prior to getting back on the piece of tin for another 7 hours. When we get to our seat, one of the flight attendants that I had requested a small modicum of help from, snaps her head up to me and remarks "ARE YOU PREGNANT?!?!?" (all the while her hand is reaching out in slo-mo to make a wish) I think of a million things to say to be snarky and rude and EVIL and basically get her back for not helping us on the himalayan effort we just made to get back on the very same aircraft we left an hour and change ago.... MY reply to her question was "Yes, oh yes, (smilingsweetly-evil poisoned darts flying from my eyes -die-die-die) I have 3 weeks to go." Her reply???? "OH my, you should have said something." That's when I picked up my medicine drenched bag and clocked her upside the head. (ok not really) but .... that's when I turned around and plunged more medication in my boys in hopes that their fevers would subside enuf to let them sleep.

Alec still unwell, Elias on the mend, Me? care to make a wish? I can't make any promises but I'm sure that us Customs and security agent in HNL was making some whilst rubbing my belly. Man, I just felt like kicking her down and stomping on her. How annoying it was. Maybe I'm not over that episode yet, maybe still tired and aggro. Unless , that's just how I am!

Even through all that, I missed my Gerry, the boys miss their Daddy and we will not feel complete until we are all together. How we are meant to be. Love you Ger. see you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home