Saturday, March 06, 2004

I've had a bit of web time lately. My kids have survived on freezy pops during my small amount of "me" time. What I found in some of the things I have read bother me. Why are so many Christians swearing? I know they are only words. Perhaps I AM A NERD. Perhaps NOT. I don't know, I hear my little 3 (almost 4) year old boy using words that are completely inappropriate for anyone, yet my neighbours don't have a problem that their little ones speak like, well a bunch of idiots. Hence, my little one who looks up to the 5 and 7 year olds, repeats what he hears. To me. TO ME! I can't get him past this phase. It's taking too long. I am tired of hearing it and witnessing little ones ranting like they do. How many times do I have to ban them? The words? I'd love to move to just avoid the whole thing. Back to my "web-time" same thing. Why would anyone want to talk like that? Maybe Eddie Murphy has good reaseon, after all, it's his "thing" He makes good money off his words. His rotten words, so what if he has a funny laugh. I don't accept it when my friends swear. Christian or not. Am I out on a limb here? Maybe, maybe not. I s'pose it's kinda a lame thing to stand up for. I want my son to sound clean. Too much to ask? Too little of a problem? sure. Puh-lenty of problems and society failures abound around me. It just seems like it should be easy to stop a kid from swearing. uh- NOT. How can I stop him when his "peers" are doing this? What about when his Christian leaders are doing this? This is just the start. I can't WAIT until Jr. High and girls and homework and driving enter his life. Ahh, but as I type, my baby is being attacked by our puppy, aptly named "Angel" ok, not really attacked, licked maybe. not attacked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home